Monday, January 29, 2007

Sort-of-Squire Education

I've been having fun tormenting the poor little sort-of squire. I am having him brush up on his ancient civilisation geography. He is pretty okay with the Roman geography from Republic to Empirial times. Deep in his core, he's Roman. It's almost revolting. He speaks Latin pretty well for a contemporary mortal.

It's the Greek he's having a little problem with. I gave him until tomorrow to know it. The only places he knew were Mt. Olympus and Athens. That would not cut it. After all, he should know where Sparta and Mycenae are at the very least. And I thought places like Delos, Dodona and Eleusis would be beneficial for him to know as well. It is my chosen culture -- he should know something about it.

Seriously, he should just be grateful that I have not enrolled him in a Ancient Greek language course. I've tried to at least to get him to use the letters and start trying proper pronunciation. He makes it up fairly well -- his actor's training coming in. The little one helps him too -- poor Valt, so humiliated by being instructed by a babe. But hey, if he knew it before he came to me, he wouldn't have had to start learning it now. No sympathy.

A regular slave-driver,
Z

No comments:

Post a Comment