Saturday, August 19, 2006

Too Lazy to Think of a Title

    Tried to go to sleep and couldn't. Those goddamn dreams just won't go away. Even when I'm awake, I keep seeing them again -- over and over in my head. You'd think after thousands of years with them, I'd have learned how to push them away. No such luck. Weird thing is, I still sometimes dream of Taberleigh, the destruction, the faces, the cries -- and I feel guilty. I feel guilty even when, now I know, it was not my fault. Pain just doesn't go away, does it? Or maybe it just doesn't go away with me. Always an option. I've never been the general rule to anything. Why start now?
I was relieved to see Astrid next to me when I started from my sleep. One, because she's comforting -- in her "Mr. Big-Bad-Wolf ain't so bad" way. Two, because, honestly? Honestly it couldn't mean I was anywhere near where the dream was taking place. I love Astrid. I love her more since she's good solid proof that I am far removed from the things I dream about. Talk about marriage of convenience -- as if it could have been any more inconvenient.
Everyone is still thoroughly pissed off from it. The longer the better.


Don't let the Daimons bite...

No comments:

Post a Comment